Sunday, October 16, 2011

Lizardmen Battalion


So about a week ago I went out and bought a blister pack with the Skink Priest with Cloak of Feathers and the Skink Chief with Blowpipe. I painted them up and had a lot of fun doing it. I think they turned out ok. I’ll put some pics up soon.
In the wake of my success with the chiefs I decided to jump in the deep end and grabbed a Lizardmen Battalion box set.

I figured that this would be a good starting point for an army as it had two units of core troops and a couple of special units. Although the models I have now do not constitute a legal army they should put me well on my way. I'll be starting off with the Skinks, working my way through the Saurus and then the Temple Guard and then onto the more complex Saurus Cavalry.

From what I've read the new rules have made the Saurus Cavalry fairly useless but I aim to try out as many combos as I can. I had envisaged using more Skinks in my army so I was a little disappointed that the battalion only gave me a measly twelve. I thought that it would at least give me as many as the separate Skink Regiment but Games Workshop are not known for their generosity.

I’ve only had the Battalion a few days so I’ve only managed to assemble about half of my skinks so far. I’m going to try painting them in batches, something that I had never considered doing with my previous models. We’ll see how I go with my first six and then reassess the situation of whether it is a viable option or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment